Paint Your Precious Wings and Canvas!
Celebrate Painting, Body Adornment and Sisterhood! Carrie’s joyful painting and mixed media workshops focus on the themes of empowering, healing and celebrating our creativity together by nurturing mind, body, spirit and sisterhood. This year the theme is Celebrating Our Sacred Selves through Body Adornment. Carrie prefers that you sign up for all three days, as they build on each other and to allow the group to experience the magic of women becoming closer after spending time together, but if you really only want to take one or two that is fine as well.
To honor the infinite potential within us to transform our lives as symbolized in wings, we will paint large wooden wings and personalize them in unique ways. We will also paint intuitively on canvas, a process that is inviting and joyful for all experience levels. A group project will include collaboratively painting large wings on canvas to share with the other participants of Art Makers Denver to stand in front of for beautiful, powerful winged photos.
Techniques explored will be intuitive painting, unique mark making, collaging, using gold leaf, incorporating mantras and written words, and more. We will discuss how to create personalized art that transforms and inspires one’s self and others.
Workshop Image Gallery (click on the thumbnail to see full images):
Duration of Class:
One Day (6 Hours)
Student Supply List:
- One 36” x 36” stretched canvas or larger or one of similar dimensions, such as 24” x 36”, 30” x 40”, or 36” x 48”
- At least 8 (or more) colors that represent the color wheel, including fluid Prussian Blue Hue and a fluid dark green such as Sap Green Hue (not heavy body)
- A mixture of heavy body and fluid are fine in the other colors. I would recommend a mixture of dark and light colors for each color as well
- At least one fluid metallic color (such as Copper light or gold)
- At least one (I recommend two) fluorescent colors, such as fluorescent pink or orange or red. The brand I recommend for this is Golden
- Fluid Titanium White (8 oz. or more)
- Heavy body Titanium white
- a couple of water based Chalk pastels
- 2-4 Paint pens (Molotow or Posca)
- two white gel pens
- Water spray bottle
- a journal
- writing tools such as pens and pencils
- Optional: stencils, stamps and mark making tools, such as scrapers, etc.
- Optional: decorative papers, pages of books, etc. to collage onto art (if you bring these please bring gel medium to adhere these
Provided by instructor:
- Kit Fee: $40 (estimated – payable to instructor at class time)
- one pair of wooden wings
Min # of students: 10
Max # of students: 20