Modern Embroidery: Image Transfer & Creating Custom Designs
Learn to transfer photographs, graphics, drawings, and fonts to fabric to create an entirely custom embroidered drawing. Embroidery doesn’t have to be all flowers and phrases- create portraits of your pets, a pizza, or a cactus. The instructor will teach you tricks to choose the best image, how to make a good composition, color theory, fabric options, and more.
• Using applique to create fiber collages
• Color theory 101
• Image composition and rule of thirds
• Image selection
• Transferring and Tracing techniques
• Learn new embroidery stitches as needed.
Workshop Image Gallery (click on the thumbnail to see full images):
Duration of Class:
One Day (6 Hours)
Embroidery Floss, Fabric
Intermediate- Must know how to thread a needle and be able to successfully execute a running stitch, back stitch, French knot, and satin stitch.
Student Supply List:
- Ballpoint pen/ soft lead pencils
Provided by instructor:
- Kit Fee: $20 (payable to instructor at class time)
- Kit includes 2 needles, 10 colors of embroidery floss, fabric, one 8” and one 10” embroidery hoop, graphite transfer paper, and handouts.
Min # of students: 8
Max # of students: 25