Come join me in taking shrink plastic to a new level. We will bend it, ruffle it, drill it and then turn it into beads. These will be used in creating wire-wrapped dangles along with metal findings and smaller glass beads. The result is a finished dangle that resembles a bell flower.
We will create 10-12 shrink plastic bell flower dangles and also twisted, curled leaf shapes.
All pieces will be added to a bracelet blank along with garden themed charms to create a light-weight chunky bracelet. Design will be stressed using size, pattern and texture in a pleasing manner. If you have never wire wrapped before you will learn to do so in this class. 10 pre-wire-wrapped simple beaded dangles will be in your kits for you to use along with the shrink plastic dangles you make in class.
• Working with shrink plastic
• Wire wrapping
• Simple jewelry design, composition and assembly
Workshop Image Gallery (click on the thumbnail to see full images):
Duration of Class:
One Day (6 Hours)
Student Supply List:
- All you need to bring is your creative inspiration!
Provided by instructor:
- Kit/Materials Fee – $20 (payable to instructor at class time)
- Kit Includes: all materials to make this project as you see it in the image above including 10 simple pre-wire-wrapped dangles hand made by Julie
Min # of students: 4
Max # of students: 20