Kathy Beekman – Let Loose with Color & Sunrise, Sunset
Duration of Class: One Day (6 Hours) // Medium: Soft Pastel // Skill Level: All
This day is split into two 3-hour segments.
Part One: Let Loose with Color
Learn what it takes to let loose with color and successfully create a powerful work of art! Learn to step away from the use of pleasant but dull colors and dive fearlessly into the use of wonderfully pure color. Kathy’s approach to painting is easy to understand and participants will take home a completed painting.
Part Two: Sunrise, Sunset
Bring your expressive potential to life in this amazing pastel painting workshop. Come find out how rich in color pastels can be, while you explore a world of painting sunrises and sunsets. Kathy will begin with demonstrations and then guide participants on their individual paintings from start to finish.
Kathy receives rave reviews from her students and is referred to as a fun-loving, fabulous instructor who can teach to students of any level.
• Overview of materials to be used
• Finger painting
• Basic Design Principles
• Exploring different papers (canvases)
• Paper tooth
• Discovering how to use different kinds of soft pastels
• Using different hand positions
• Learning to create different strokes
• Using different colors to create emotion
• Creating compositions to direct the eye
• Applying fixative to soft pastel paintings
• How to care for soft pastel paintings
• Framing pastels
click on thumbnails to see full image