Susan Wechsler – Mixed Media Mosaics on a 3D
Duration of Class: Two Days (12 Hours) // Medium: Mixed Media Mosaics // Skill Level: All
Go beyond just tile and grout on a 3D substrate to walk away with a masterpiece. Be guided through any basic mosaic techniques you’re unfamiliar with while also learning more advanced unique techniques developed by Susan. With this piece, there is no grout necessary, meaning that this technique of mosaic is less messy than classic methods. Learn how to fit tesserae in with the changing form of a 3D shape and create an art piece that feels sculptural with unusual pieces and adhesives. This is an amazing way to use keepsakes and personal treasures to create a custom piece.
• How to create a “palette” from discarded treasures/bric-a-brac/found materials
• Creating a working “sketch” for a 3D piece
• Mixing unusual materials together into a mosaic to create unique texture and design
• How to cut and glue china, glass, and other traditional tesserae
• How to use unusual elements cohesively in a textured art piece
• How to use magic putty to build dimension in mosaics
• How to make a mosaic with NO GROUT NECESSARY!
click on thumbnails to see full image